About the Artwork:
This official limited edition concept art is authorized by Disney and Pixar as part of The Pixar Art Collection, celebrating visual development art and artists from Pixar Animation Studios.
What is the meaning of all the colors and shapes Joy is reaching out and touching? When Ralph Eggleston was signing these prints, he revealed that this concept was meant to depict how music is visually represented in Riley's imagination, and how it evokes a "Joy"-ful response in her brain.
- Title: Joy
- Artist: Ralph Eggleston
- Original Medium: Digital Painting
- Print Medium: Gicleé
- Print Substrate: Archival Paper
- Hand-Numbered Limited Edition of 95
- Image Dimensions: 11" x 16"
- Paper Dimensions (Trim Size): 15" x 20"
- Hand Signed by Ralph Eggleston
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
- Optional framing includes a modern natural wood-colored frame and a white acid-free mat, for an archival quality presentation.
- Framed Dimensions: 18.75"H x 23.5"W
About the Artist:
Academy Award®-winning film maker Ralph Eggleston joined Pixar Animation Studios in 1992 as the art director of Toy Story, which earned him the International Animated Film Society’s Annie Award for Best Art Direction. Following Toy Story, he helped develop the treatment and screenplay for Monsters, Inc.